(iii) To provide basic frames of households and operational holdings for carrying out future agricultural survey.
(iv) To lay a basis for developing an integrated programme for current agricultural statistics.
(v) The survey focuses on pattern of use of Inputs like fertilizers, manures, pesticides, implements, agricultural credit and use of quality seeds.
Design & Sample selection
Ø Agricultural Census 2015-2016, Phase-I, Phase-II & Phase-III (Input Survey 2011-12) will be conducted in two stage stratified in 20% of villages (10314) selected through Simple Random Sampling Method (without replacement) under the EARAS Scheme.
1. Training, field work & data entry work of Phase-I Survey of 10th Ag. Census, 2015-16 in respect of 10314 sample villages has already been completed and the data has been sent to Govt. of India. After scrutiny, provisional T1 tables have been generated by Govt. of India & sent to D.E&S for verification. After verification at DE&S level, the revised T1 tables have also been received from GOI.
2. Training at State level and district level & field work of Phase-II work of 10th Agriculture Census has also been completed and schedules of thirty districts have alreadybeen received at D.E&S. The “H schedules in respect of thirty districts have been scrutinized as per GOI guidelines at DE&S level for data entry.
3. The report of phase-I, Phase-II & Phase-III (Input Survey 2011-12) of 9th Ag. Census has already been published. Phase-I report writing of 10th Agriculture Census is in progress.
4. District level inspection and verification of field work of Phase-III has been carried out by the nodal officer of the Dist. and officials of Agriculture Census division.
5. Training at state level and at district level of Phase-III (input survey), 2016-17 has also been completed in all districts & field work in 3641 sample villages has already been completed as on 31.08.2018.
Highlights of Phase-I Survey
As per the Agricultural census 2015-16, there were a total number of 48.66 lakh operational holdings in the State which registered and increase of 4.25% as compared to 47.67 lakh in 2010-11. This includes 48.61 lakh individual holdings, 0.04 lakh joint holdings and 0.01 lakh institutional holdings.
The average size of holding in Sambalpur district is the highest with 1.39 hec. As against State average of o.95 hector. Besides above the average size of 13 districts like Baragarh, Boudh, Bolangir, Jharsuguda, Kalahandi, Keonjhar, Koraput,Malkangiri, Nawarangpur, Nuapada, Rayagada,Sonepur & Sundergarh districts are above the state average. The lowest size of holding districts is Jharsuguda with 0.61 hector.
As regards to operated area, it is noticed that in Ag. Census, 2015-16 the total operated area of the state is 46.19 lakh ha. which registers a decrease of 4.80% over 2010-11 , i.e 48.52 lakh ha.
The number of operational holding in small, semi –medium, medium & large category in 2015-16 declares by 3.42%, 7.88%, 19.59%, & 29.69% respectably whereas it is increased by 7.97% in marginal category.
The average size of a holding in marginal, small, semi-medium, medium and large categories in 2015-16 is 0.57 ha., 1.59 ha.,2.75 ha.,5.56 ha. and 21.70 ha. respectively.
The average size of holding during 1970-71 was 1.89 ha. which has been decreased to 0.95 ha. during 2015-16.
The total number of SC and ST holdings are 7.42 lakh and 14.61 lakh and the average area of holdings operated by SC and ST are 0.74 ha. and 1.06 ha. respectively during the Agricultural Census 2015-16. The percentage of increasing of holdings in SC category comes to 5.67 as against 4.25 in all category. Similarly the percentage of increasing of holding in ST category also comes to 2.46 as against 1.25 in all category.
The marginal and small holdings constituted 74.74% and 18.23% of the total holdings commanding 44.53% and 30.40 % of total operated area.
The female operational holdings is 4.06% of the total holdings in the State and the rest 95.91% of total holdings comes to male category.
District-wise Number & Area and Average size of Operational holdings – 2010-11
|Sl. No.||Name of the District||All Social Group||Average size of Operational holding|
|Number of Operational Holdings||% to Total O.H||Area of Operational Holdings (Ha.)||% to Total Area of OH|