The objective of the scheme is to prepare an up to date frame of establishments / at the national level in respect of Non-Manufacturing Industries (SNMI) alongwith certain additional items of information belonging to their respective sub-sectors such as Trade hotels and restaurants, Transport, Storage, communication, Real estate, Legal and business services etc for conducting any survey of these units.
Scope and Coverage
In theory, Business Register records all enterprise group, enterprises and local units that are active in the national economy. Geographically it covers all the States and Union territories of the country within the domain of Economic Census.
Major output of the scheme
A list of State/District level registering authorities meant for registration of legal entities with complete official address and designation of the officer responsible for providing information has been prepared.
1. A list of items of statuary information at the time of registration separately for each type of Act/Authority has been prepared.
2. Field survey has been completed for 85% of the total establishments.
3. Development of data base for consolidation of all such information are under progress.
Source of Data Collection
The Business Register is included all enterprises and establishments which are registered under the administrative control of the Seven Registering Authorities of the State. The following Act/Authorities have been indentified for the above purpose.
1. Registrar of Companies (Companies Act-1956)
2. Directorate of Factories and Boiler (Factories Act - 1948)
3. Labour Commissioner (Shop & Commercial Establishment ACt)
4. All A.D.M of the District (Societies Registration Act)
5. State Co-operative Soceities Act)
6. Khadi and Village Industries Board.
7. Directorate of Industries (District Industries Centre)
1. A Comprehensive report on Business Register, Odisha have been prepared and published.
2. A provisional Report on Business Register, Odisha have been prepared and published.